Friday, April 1, 2011


I’ve decided that I no longer want to have a hierarchy of value between my friendships and my love relationships: They’re both crucial, irreplaceable in my life, and I don't need to listen to anyone who wants me to choose between any of them. Not only that, but I’ve stopped classifying things as “love” or “friendship” according to arbitrary superficial details-the feelings I share with certain friends are so intimate, so beautiful, that it’s ridiculous that I don’t call them lovers just because we don’t sleep together.  It’s absurd that sex should be the dividing line between our relationships, between which one take precedence, between who we play with, live with, sleep with, who we take care of first, who we die with at last.

1 comment:

Timothy A. Ralston said...

*Applause* As we have had that same conversation before, I am in full support. Why is it that a sexual connection, breeds jealousy as fast as it breeds children? *Sigh*