Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A letter to S.

I think it get's harder the older we get- to re-connect with old friends and to make new ones. We get hurt and hold onto scars to remind ourselves that things can hurt us and to be careful- not only in relationships but in friendships as well. I find it difficult to meet people out here. Everyone seems to be superficial- I doubt they all are, perhaps just putting up a front because it's hard to be real all the time and just have it overlooked. It's hard to make male friends- because initially they just want to bed me. I imagine for a male it's hard to make female friends because initially they think you just want to bed them? They don't even bother to get to know me before attempting to get me naked or bring it to the next level. 

Anyway.. My point is- that it seems harder than it did at 19 when I moved to CO- I can't decide if it's that i'm older, that it's CA, or that everyone is working under more pressure to find the person they spend the rest of their life with that they forget the most important part of that person- I want to spend the rest of my life with someone who is not just my lover but my best friend. It feels as though if you skip the getting to know each other first truly and deeply you never get there, just get caught up in the physical.

I imagine it's harder for you too.

No comments: