Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I wrote this several years ago

We are all a combined effort of all those who have touched our lives- You are a a puzzle piece of who I am- and I hope I to you as well.

I am the first to bail on a relationships unfortunately- which is definitely not something I am proud of- But I have learned a thing or two that I stand by and I hope it helps to some degree- I've found that if I feel my significant other is not the right one for me than I in turn am not the right one for them- It can't be just half and half- if one is not a match than neither is the other- And I get out of the relationship because not only am I cheating them from the right person but I am cheating myself as well- And I will put myself first which usually also puts those I care about first as well.

If as life has grown and your pieces no longer match that just means you must follow the beautiful path to continue puzzling out who you have become and who you will be. Is it terrifying- yes. Is it lonely- to some degree but I have learned to find the beauty in getting to know myself (I hope you either already know or will re-find all the beautiful intricate details that fully make up who you are- Being alone doesn't mean being lonely) Does it seem hopeless-perhaps in the beginning. Will it be worthwhile- without a doubt: absolutely.

Life is at your doorstep every morning with it's arms stretched out to you full of new possibilities and miracles. I have a friend who helps me remember this, we text each other at least once a day with something beautiful we might not have otherwise noticed- frost etching on the windowpane- a dandelion struggling through the cracks in a sidewalk- the way freshly sanded wood smells- New leafs on the tree outside our front door- making a child smile- I encourage you to seek these things out as well- if only just to enrich your own life :)

You must forge your path to happiness- You have but one life to live- live it to the fullest- but most importantly live it for yourself- no one else will do it for you.

No comments: